Articles should be sent to:
Submit your article here or to:
Tel: 03-21479121 Fax: 03-21479617, or
Tel: 03-21479257 Fax: 03-21479617
Dewan Bahasa dan Pustaka (DBP)
P.O. Box 10803
50926 Kuala Lumpur
Guidelines for contributors
- Contributors are invited to submit articles on literature of the Malay World. Authors are requested to adhere to the guidelines below:
The title page must include:
- Title of article
- Author’s full name
- Author’s address
- Author’s affiliation and institution
- Author’s e-mail address
- Articles written in English and Malay.
- Text submitted must be original and must not have been published in any media, printed or online.
- Articles should be between 4000 and 8000 words in length, including abstract, endnotes, appendices and references.
- The title of the article must be included together with the abstract on the first page of the text.
- The text should be submitted as a Microsoft Word document in 12 point Times New Roman font, double spaced.
- A maximum of three levels of headings should be used. These should be numbered accordingly.
- Articles in or containing Jawi script should be submitted in pdf format in addition to Microsoft Word.
- All articles should begin with an abstract of 200-250 words.
- The abstract must include objective, theoretical framework, analysis and findings.
- These should appear after the abstract and not exceed 10 words.
- These should be kept to a minimum and should be placed at the end of the main text.
– All references cited in the text should be listed alphabetically. When citing works by the same author in the same year use letters – a, b, c etc. – to distinguish citations.
– All references cited in the text should be presented in the following style:
Articles in journals:
- Ruzy Suliza Hashim. (2008). Gender on the Agenda: The Story of Hang Li Po Revisited in Malay Literature, 21:1, 19–35.
- Muhammad Haji Salleh. (2000). Rowing Down Two Rivers. Bangi: Penerbit UKM.
- Zalipour, Arezou. (2009). From Poetics to the Romantic: Conceptual History of Imagination in Poetry. The 2009 Proceedings of International Conference on Social Humanities (ICSSH 2009). Singapore: IACSIT Publishing.
– References from distinguished resources are preferred.
- State in the text the author’s name, the year of publication and the page number, e.g. (Rudolf Mrazek, 1996:604).
- Nadon, S.m., Koverola, C., & Schludermann, E. H. (1998). “Antecedents to Prostitution: Childhood victimization”. Journal of Interpersonal Violence. Http://www.acessmylibrary.com/article-1G1-20471962/antecedents-prostitution-childhood. Retrieved 9 June 2010.
- It is a condition of publication that the author of the article assigns publication rights (copyright or license) to DBP for publication both in print and online (journal).
- If the author wishes to republish the article(s), he or she must seek permission from DBP and proper acknowledgement must be made..